Water conservation has become an increasingly important factor for all types of plumbing service contractors!
Plumbing service contractors should always be readily available to provide their clients with advice in terms of making improvements towards the overall efficiency of their plumbing system, and when it comes to tips on saving water there are a lot of monthly bill reductions at stake.
All of us at Beehive Plumbing understand how difficult it can be for homeowners to properly manage their running water, mainly because it’s such a necessity for our daily lives. The truth is that even the most minuscule wrong move within your plumbing system can end up causing significantly higher water bills, and these monthly bill increases can exponentially grow if you have a large family.
One of the most common reasons why homeowners experience higher than normal water bills is because of their general refusal to address the overall efficiency of their plumbing system. It’s important to do your due diligence in terms of not being one of these negligent homeowners, and to be proactive in terms of letting our team know when you’re experiencing abnormally high water bills so we can conduct thorough inspections and get to the bottom of the problem.
In this article we’re going to discuss 6 rather common plumbing tips that we promote to help our clients save water and decrease their monthly water bills. By going through this list you’ll have a more thorough understanding as to what is potentially causing your increased monthly bills, but as always feel free to contact us online to get in touch with one of our specialists who can assist you further in terms of finding the source of your excess water usage!
6 Plumbing Service Options To Help You Save On Your Water Bills
The following are six different services that the Beehive Plumbing team quite frequently provides that help home and business owners save on their monthly water bills:
- Upgrading Your Washing Machines: Making some upgrades to your existing washing machine is a common way to save water and monthly bill amounts, and some upgrades can help homeowners save as much as 50% as compared to their current washing machine model! A pretty common mistake that homeowners make when it comes to washing their clothes is that they’ll wash clothes that aren’t necessarily dirty. One tip to help save water in terms of washing your clothes is to wear certain clothing items more than once before washing them.
- Upgrading Your Dishwashers: Dishwashers are known to save more water than hand washing dishes, and many homeowners put off upgrading their dishwasher prior to realizing how much of a detrimental effect an older model can have in terms of monthly water bills. Upgrading to a more efficient dishwasher can help you save about 30% more water as compared to older models, and 80% as compared to hand washing!
- Save With Your Bathroom Fixtures: It’s pretty common for a household to utilize upwards of around 40 gallons per person per day when it comes to common bathroom fixtures like showers, toilets and faucets. So if your home’s bathroom fixtures are starting to get old, then it’s always a good idea to consider replacing them with more modern, efficient models. One example of this would be upgrading to a low-flush toilet, but ultimately all bathroom fixture updates will help you save a ton of water. You’ll also potentially save a lot in terms of potential plumbing repairs that will inevitably be necessary in the future.
- Be Cautious While Watering Your Lawn: We understand how many homeowners love taking care of their lawn, but it’s always important to recognize when certain watering habits are detrimentally affecting your monthly water bills at an exorbitant rate. About 55% of household water usage is utilized outdoors, but there are several ways in which homeowners can lower this overall percentage and save money while still keeping a great looking lawn. One tip we have is to utilize an efficient drip system that will more effectively get to the base of your plants as opposed to rather basically dousing your lawn and foliage.
- Utilize Rainwater Options: Reusing rainwater is always a very efficient way to cut back on your household’s overall water usage, and there are a variety of purposes for rainwater. Usually this process entails putting a large, plastic barrel near your storm drains that will collect rain water, and sometimes go as far as to evenly distribute water for landscaping purposes. You can also use rainwater to water your home’s plants and rinse off certain household items.
- Improving Your Water Meters: Upgrading your water meter may also be something that you’d like to reach out to our team about, because water meters are great at detecting leaks within your home and providing very detailed information about overall household water usage. These tools are great because they’ll provide you with tangible information about your overall usage habits, and let you recognize where most of your water is going throughout your home.
Reach Out To The Beehive Plumbing Experts To Learn More About Ways To Save Water!
We all know just how precious water is as a natural resource, and how important it is for all Utah homeowners to conserve their water for environmental and financial purposes.
Always feel free to contact us online or call us at 801-661-8155 today to get in touch with one of our experts who can further assist you in terms of tips on how to save water, and to schedule inspections so we can get to the bottom of your increasing monthly water bills!