What is Pipe Lining?
Do you need to repair a broken pipe, but don’t want your property torn up?
Instead of replacing the pipe, why not add lining?
Pipe lining is a quick but lasting solution to pipe damage that doesn’t disrupt your yard with our trenchless lining technique. The lining is applied without excavating the pipe, leaving your landscaping and pavement undisturbed. It also simplifies the repair process, saving you time, effort, and money.
At Beehive Plumbing, our professionals can apply pipe lining in a quick and efficient manner to our residential and business customers all over Utah. Our same-day services will shore up your plumbing system, which we guarantee for 50 years.
Signs You Need A New Pipe Lining
The sooner you apply a new lining, the more good it will do. You should thus watch for common signs of pipe damage, which include:
- Higher Spending- If your water bill inexplicably goes up, there may be a leak.
- Strange Noises- Banging, whistling, clanking, or bubbling noises can all come from a cracked pipe.
- Foul Smells- If you notice an odor near plumbing fixtures, the pipes may not be carrying sewage out of your home.
- Pressure Changes- Leaks can prevent your pipes from providing enough water pressure, or even stop the flow entirely.
How Can Pipe Lining Solve These Problems?
Pipe lining is a tube made from a flexible substance and covered in resin. Also known as cured-in-place piping, or CIPP, the lining is heated to a flexible temperature, placed inside the damaged pipe, and allowed to cool and harden. This fills in the leak, leaving the pipe fully functional.
Because installing lining doesn’t require excavating the pipe, there is little chance of damage to your house, office, or yard. The epoxy resin used to hold it in place also does not harm the surrounding environment. Best of all, because linings are only a few millimeters in thickness, they do not substantially reduce the flow of water; indeed, their smoother structure may actually make it flow more effectively.
Why Beehive's Pipe Lining Stands Out
Beehive Plumbing provides the highest quality pipe lining to all Utah customers. Our materials are notable for their ability to:
- Stand up to mechanical fatigue
- Resist corrosive chemicals
- Shake off physical impacts
- Remain in good condition regardless of moisture
The Process of Pipe Lining
Beehive Plumbing uses trenchless techniques to install pipe lining, sparing your home, office, or yard from disruption. This involves drilling holes at opposite ends of the damaged pipe and then inserting the lining through those holes. This is done through the following steps:
- Inspection- We begin by using a camera line to examine the pipe's interior. We assess the nature of the damage, as well as how serious it has become. We then determine what type of lining to use and where it needs to be placed.
- Cleaning- We flush clogs, debris, and anything else that might block the lining out of the pipe. This ensures that the resin will stick directly to the interior walls.
- Insertion- We heat the lining and place it in the pipe, making sure that it sticks directly to the interior walls and covers all of the affected area. We then inflate it so that it bonds tightly with the pipe.
- Video Assessment- Once the lining is in place and fully inflated, we put the camera line back in the pipe and conduct a second inspection. This lets us make sure that the lining has inflated fully, is properly bonded, and does not leave any damage uncovered.
- Release- At the very end, we let out the air, leaving the pipe in full working order. If all the previous steps were followed correctly, the pipe should stay in good condition for decades.
This process can correct cracks, breaks, corrosion, or virtually any other type of pipe damage. The only pipes it cannot fix are those that have been crushed, as they no longer have a round structure to bond the lining to.
Beehive Plumbing: Utah’s Leading Pipe Lining Service
Beehive Plumbing provides same-day pipe lining installation and other plumbing services for businesses and homes across Utah. We are available at 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as well as financing support, and guarantee all of our services 100%. For more information about effective, non-invasive plumbing, visit our website today or call us at 801-803-6957.